ECOMMERCE TRACKING FOR A NATIONAL POST & PARCEL PROVIDER
This postal operator’s ecommerce package delivery is highly challenged by traditional courier companies mainly due to trust issues, lack of visibility throughout the logistical process, and inability to provide a response in cases of errors or delays.
100s of millions
PARCELS HANDLED YEARLY
Seeking innovation partners with proven technologies this postal operator selected shipit.to for a pilot for continuous, real-time tracking of bulk ecommerce shipments from international vendors to the local distribution center.
The result? Detecting unusual shipping patterns, identifying bottlenecks, and providing immediate alerts for exceptions enable this customer to improve their bulk ecommerce delivery times and be proactive in handling exceptions in the shipping process.
SHIPIT.TO TECHNOLOGY EMPLOYED
- Shipit.to SIT1002 IoT Trackers
- Shipit.to White Label Web Portal
- Shipit.to White Label Mobile Apps
- Out of all shipments tracked:
- 3.8% were found to be delivered to the wrong terminal at the destination airport which resulted in 2-4 days delay in the final delivery
- 3.7% were found to be using land transport instead of aerial transport without the carrier notifying the customer, which resulted in longer delivery times
- 9.5% were found to be out for delivery at unusual times of day, which violates the company’s procedures & insurance policies
- Delivery bottlenecks at airport identified
- 99% alert accuracy
- Created a competitive advantage through an innovative service
- Created a potential for additional revenues
- Improved public image by providing aninnovative technological service tocustomers
- Improved operational processes by creatingmanagement and control tools
- Full real time control of packagesinternationally or domestically