SHIPMENT INTEGRITY TRACKING FOR PHARMACEUTICAL PROVIDER
The customer was unable to identify the reason and the party responsible for damaged products in their pharmaceutical supply chain (valued at >100K USD per shipment).
This pharmaceutical provider engaged their freight forwarder to deploy a solution that would provide online monitoring of their high value shipments’ location and ambient conditions.
Shipit.to was used to monitor not only the cargo but also the external ambient conditions which have strict regulatory requirements of their own.
SHIPIT.TO TECHNOLOGY EMPLOYED
- Shipit.to SIT1002 IoT Trackers
- Ambient Conditions Monitoring
- Shipit.to White Label Web Portal
- Shipit.to White Label Mobile Apps
- Shipit.to Supply Chain Mobile Apps
On multiple occasions it was discovered that the temperature in the vehicles used to transport the cargo in the destination country was not properly regulated:
- Sensitive shipments with a strict temperature requirement of -20°C were regularly exposed to temperatures up to 40°C higher than permitted
- Shipments with permissible temperature ranges of 2°C-8°C were also routinely exposed to high temperatures
- The customer was able to identify the carrier’s vehicles as being the source of the problem, prove it to the carrier, and consider alternatives for future shipments
- Live alerts allowed the customer to address the situation in real time