Alperton LTD respects your privacy. Alperton LTD and its affiliates ("Alperton" or the “Company” ) offer package tracking, scanning, and community based services to users of shipit.to (the " Website ") and/or users of the Company’s mobile applications (the " Application ", or the “ Applications “) (collectively referred to as the “ Services ").
● the information that the Company collects from users;
● how that information is used by the Company; and
● the rights and options available to users.
The Services are not intended for use by persons under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you may not download or use the Application.
Contact the Company / Abuse reports
If you believe that your privacy has been compromised by any person, in the course of using the Services, then please contact the Company at: email@example.com .
You may send the Company other requests, responses, questions and complaints by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Information that is being collected
The categories of information collected by the Company will include all or just some of the following, depending on how you choose to use the Services.
Whenever you use the Services, the Company will collect:-
● detailed location and route information, for example in the form of GPS signals and other information sent by your mobile device on which the Application is installed and activated; and
● information about your use of the Services. See “Meta-data that we collect”, below;
If you choose to use the Services in a manner detailed below, the Company may also collect:-
● information that you choose to share with the Company, including a username you have chosen, reports associated with your username, search queries, calendar information. In addition, if you choose to scan packages the Company will collect:
● information required when setting up a username you have chosen, such as your name. Bear in mind that false, incorrect, or out-dated information may impair the Company's ability to provide you with the Services and to contact you when necessary. The Company will explicitly indicate the fields for mandatory completion. If you do not enter the requisite data in these fields, you may not be able to set up a username; and/ or
● information shared from your social network accounts. See “Integration with social networks”, below.
In order to access certain features of the Services, you will need to set up a username.
If you do set up a username and password in the Application:-
● The Company will link all of your information with your Account and that username. This includes information received from all mobile devices running the Application on which you have chosen to sign in using your username and password;
● with the exception described in the bullet below, your Account and information associated with your Account will be visible only to the Company; and
● when using the Application, your approximate location and other information you may choose to contribute will be visible to other users associated with that username.
If you do not set up a username and password in the Application:-
● The Company will still link all of your information with your Account and a unique identifier generated by the Company;
● with the exception described in the bullet below, your Account and information associated with your Account (including your unique identifier) will be visible only to the Company.
Uses of information
The Company may use information collected from or provided by you for the following purposes:
● to provide you with the Services. For example, the Company may:-
● to improve the experience of other users. For example, the Company may use your package scans to inform other users of the package’s current location;
● to provide you with support and handle requests and complaints;
● to send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to the Services;
● to create aggregated and/ or anonymous data (where such data does not enable the identification of a specific user). See “How does the Company use aggregated information”, below;
● to conduct surveys and questionnaires;
● to share your submissions with other users of the Services and to facilitate communication between you, the Company and other users;
● to contact you when the Company believes it to be necessary;
● to comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when the Company has a good faith belief that the Company’s cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards and procedures;
● to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities and misuse of the Services;
● to handle breakdowns and malfunctions;
● to take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and the Service, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Service;
Please note that the username you choose will be used to identify you when you use the Services. Your username will be included along with any information you submit for posting. It will therefore be visible to others.
Further information may be collected when the Company exchanges communications with you, for example, if you submit a request, contact the Company's support team, or report a violation to the abuse team.
Personal information that you share
The content that you share to all users is neither private nor confidential and you should not have any expectation of privacy with respect to it. Information you upload will be posted along with other personal information. Therefore, you must exercise caution and common sense when submitting information. At the very least you should demonstrate the same degree of caution as when publishing personal information by means other than the Internet and cellular services.
You can decide whether or not to upload content to the Services. However any content that you submit for posting, may be viewed by all users of the Services and by the Company.
In any event (but except as detailed below with respect to information shared from your social network accounts according to your privacy settings for such social network accounts), your email address will not be visible to others through any reports or user posts that you share or upload.
We, at the Company, take great measures to provide you with the best experience you can have while using the Service. However, the Company has no control over the conduct of any user and disclaims all liability in this regard. Users are advised to carefully and thoroughly consider whether or not to make public or available any information and carefully examine all necessary details related to any communication with other users prior to any engagement or communication being made.
Participating in any user's activities as a result, directly or indirectly, from using the Services, is entirely at your own risk. The Company is not a party to any agreement entered into between the users in any circumstances. The user has the sole and ultimate responsibility regarding compliance with all laws, regulation or any other duty. We do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense that you may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with your participation in any activity or event initiated, held or conducted by a user or a third party nor in connection to any agreement between the users or third parties, including any activity or event related in any way, directly or indirectly, the Services or the use thereof.
Integration with social networks
You may choose to share information between your Account and your social network account (such as Facebook). Through this option, you may choose to have personal information and other content about you available from social networks, transmitted and shared through the Services. Similarly, you may choose to have personal information and other content about you available from the Services, including your location and route information, transmitted to and shared through your social network account.
When you connect to the social network account through the Services for the first time or otherwise make the Services interact with your social network account, you will be asked to permit the social network to share your personal information stored on such social network with the Services. We collect your information from your social network account only in accordance with your privacy settings you have set up under your social network accounts.
Accordingly we only collect such information which you allowed the social network(s) to share with third parties (such as your name, email address, list of friends, profile picture, other information you make publicly available via the applicable social network). You understand that the Services may access, make available and store (if applicable and as permitted by the third party social network and authorized by you) such information so that it is available on and through your Account.
Please note that certain information which you have defined as private on your third party social network accounts may become public to other Users through the Services if you have defined such information to be public on the Services.
Meta-data that we collect
The Company collects information about the use of the Services. For example, the Company may record the frequency and scope of your use of the Services, the duration of your sessions, information about the device on which you have installed the Application, the web pages that you visit via the Application, information that you read, content that you use or create, advertisements that you view or click on, your communications with other users and third parties, the Internet protocol (IP) address and the name of the domain that serve you to access the Services, and the geographic location of the computer system that you are using to log-in.
Accessing the Services
In order to access certain features of the Services you will need to set up a username.
The Company may also establish and require from time to time additional or different means of identification and authentication for logging in and accessing the Services or for accessing certain features or designated sections of the Services.
Your log-in details are your responsibility. You are fully accountable for any use or misuse of your Account and personal details as a result of conveying your details to someone else. You must maintain your log-in details in absolute confidentiality and avoid disclosing them to others. Make sure that you change your password frequently and at least once every six months.
Sharing information with others
The Company does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties.
The Company will not share your personal information with others, without your consent, except for the following purposes and to the extent necessary in the Company's good-faith discretion:
● as necessary for the operation of the Services;
● If the Company is required, or reasonably believes that it is required by law to share or disclose your information;
● In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and the Company, or between you and other users with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
● In any case where the Company reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical damage or damage to property;
● For facilitating the Service and to store your data on servers located in the U.S.A and the European Union.
● To collect, hold and manage your personal information through cloud based or hosting services or a third party or a party affiliated or connected to the Company, as reasonable for business purposes, which may be located in countries outside of your jurisdiction, including but not limited to the United States of America.
● The Company may also share personal information with companies or organizations connected or affiliated with the Company, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies. Personal information may also be shared with the Company's other partners and service providers to process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with this policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Controlling your personal information
If you would like us to delete your Account, your username (if you have set one up) and your personal information, please contact the Company.
On receiving such a request, the Company will use reasonable efforts to delete such information, however please note we may not delete information immediately from our back-up systems.
Your location and history is associated with your Account and (if you have chosen to set one up) your username or (if you have chosen not to set up a username) the unique identifier generated by the Company.
If you find that the information associated with your Account is not accurate, complete or updated, then you must make all necessary changes to correct it. Please keep in mind that false, incorrect, or outdated information may prevent you from setting up a username and impair the ability to provide you with Services.
How does the Company use aggregated information?
The Company may use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information (including anonymous location information), in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, to properly operate the Services, to improve the quality of the Services, to enhance your experience, to create new services and features, including customized services, to change or cancel existing content or service, and for further internal, commercial and statistical purposes.
The Company may also use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information collected on the Services, in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, by posting, disseminating, transmitting or otherwise communicating or making available such information to users of the Services, to the Services' providers, partners and any other third party.
Some of the cookies may expire when the session ends and you exit your browser. Other cookies are saved on your computer's hard drive. If you wish to block the Website's cookies, then please use the help button in your browser and follow the necessary instructions. However, bear in mind that disabling cookies may complicate or even prevent your use of the Website, or certain features thereof.
The Company may permit, solicit or contract certain other companies to conduct advertising campaigns on the Services.
The information and advertisements that you see when accessing the Services may be targeted on the basis of:
geographic or contextual information which we collect from you;
information received from third party partners; as well as
your search query history.
You hereby agree that we may provide such information and advertisements targeted on the basis of your search query history. However, if, when accessing the Services, you no longer wish to see information and advertisements from us targeted on the basis of your search query history or on the basis of information received from third party partners, you are able to opt out of such targeting in the settings of the Application.
It is clarified that we are not responsible for the content of said advertisements and the products delivered or services rendered thereby by third parties and you irrevocably and unconditionally agree that we shall not be held responsible or liable in connection thereof.
The Company considers information security to be a top priority. The Company implements systems, applications and procedures to secure your personal information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. However, these measures are unable to provide absolute assurance. Therefore, although the Company takes great efforts to protect your personal information, the Company cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that the Company's databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
Last modified: 12th February 2017